Training started January 24th and the past week and a half have gone smoothly. So far my training schedule consisted of 4 twenty min. runs last week with a 3 mile on Saturday. Two cross-training days were also in that mix with a rest on Friday. That will be the normal routine the next few months - with the obvious increasing of the distances. I ran the 3 mile run in Cherokee Park with Shelby and my buddy Creeden. Creeden has signed up for the Mini as well and I will be staying on him to make sure he keeps up the training. This week we bump the running segments up 10 min. to 30 min. with a 4 mile run on saturday (set for Iriquois Park weather permitting).
More to come....I hope I keep this up.
This is so awesome Mikey! I am so proud of you! That is my next goal. I want to run the mini-marathon. That will be a 2011 project.
ReplyDeleteMaybe be can do a blog together about that!!!
Good luck to you!
God bless you, Mike Russell! I'll light a candle and say a prayer to Saint Jude for you. --Brian Murphy
ReplyDeleteDear Mike, Good 4 ya!! I will be following your progress thru the city!! Best wishes, Love Aunt Kathy
ReplyDelete