
I missed my first day of training since I started. I was supposed to run 4 miles on Saturday and 30 min on Sunday, but instead I ran the 4 miles on Sunday and went skiing on Saturday with Shelby at Perfect North. It was great weather, great snow, great slopes, great company. We had a great time! I was very surprised how well I picked skiing back up since I hadn't been since high school. Shelby has been many of times before so she can handle her own; however, she did chicken out on a couple of the bigger/harder slopes. Sorry had to call you out shelby but you did trick me in going down one. I was passed a point of no return and I turned around expecting her to be there but she was still at the top, even after she told me she would be right behind me - "You go and I'll follow".....guess not! Even though we did miss our running one day this weekend, I think skiing for 8 hours was more physically demanding then 30 minutes of running.
This morning's run went better then it felt. Shelby and I kept a pace of sub 9 min miles. Now it didn't feel that way because I over-dressed thinking it would be cold, but instead I sweated too much and felt 20 lbs heavier. So I definitely worked my legs more then I needed too, but oh well.
**The picture is me with a family in the background. They look normal but the mom and dad were matching from head to toe. Matching black headbands, purple Landsend jackets (you know those jackets we all had when we were younger, but these were brand new...can you still buy those?), and matching black spandex. And if I remember correctly they even looked alike, the only difference being his mustache.
No comments:
Post a Comment